Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
Since it focuses on “Learning by Making” the teaching program focuses on building professional capacity through real-life problems, workshops and interactions with renowned professional architects. The coursework, seminars and research assignments are aimed at developing creative and analytical abilities of students. KSAP cherishes the individual interests and abilities of its students. Regular visits to building construction sites, galleries, and architectural exhibitions are organized in order to help expose our students to the immediate context that they are engaging with. This helps to increase their understanding of the multidisciplinary nature of architectural practice and the ground reality of any project. Annual study trips are organized for the students across the years, enabling them to engage, observe and respond to the varying urban or rural contexts that they are exposed to.
Teaching in all subjects is regularly monitored and is updated periodically in its Board of studies to keep up with changing industry demands.
Choice Based Curriculum
To enable each student to chart a unique course of study and realize his or her own individual potential, students can choose four electives from a wide range of elective courses. Spread over five years, the total number of credits is 234 and teaching hours are 257. To this extent the teachers are mentors whose role is to support individual students in their explorations and in their capacity-building endeavors.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To remain at the forefront of technology and keep themselves abreast with the latest trends and use it to make informed decisions through planning, design and implementation
- Understand the built environment issues to find solutions through appropriate skills of design, engineering services, technology, behavioural studies, etc.
- To recognise the challenges of environmental depletion and arm themselves with the right approach to protect, nurture and restore the damage through sustainable principles.
- To be a champion for social good and inclusiveness and engage themselves with ethical practices.
- To be aware of resources and their uses.
- To recognise the deep-rooted heritage of human civilisation and be an ambassador of historic preservation and take the cultural values to a new level.
- To have participation of professionals & Industry experts from core and allied areas, International Partnerships and Industry Collaborative workshops , Training the trainers by Industry, Joint Publications, Participation in Student competitions
- To inculcate best practices in pedagogy with Innovating use of technology
Program Outcomes (POs) and Program/Specialization Outcomes (PSOs/SSOs)
- Design development ( Architectural, Structural and Services) solutions.
- Creative Thinking and analysis
- Problem analysis and solving
- Barrier free, child friendly, salutogenic design
- Project Management skills
- Urban and Rural Planning
- Landscape Design
- Independent practice ability, community and team work.
- Ethics, life long learning and team working
- Art and Aesthetics
- Environment and Sustainability
- Computational and Software Skills
- Resilient Architecture
- Historic Conservation and Preservation